Saturday, October 23, 2010

And The Nominees Are...

I had my (rescheduled) Peace Corps interview with my recruiter on Monday, October 18th. For those who read this for tips in the future, I wore black slacks, heels, and a collared, button-down shirt. I did a lot of research before and found that wearing a suit was a little over the top for this organization. I also did a lot of preparation for the interview, using the questions I found on my favorite resource throughout this process, Peace Corps Wiki! The interview was about and hour and fifteen minutes long, and took place in a small room with my recruiter and her laptop (they transcribe notes to forward to D.C. with your application).

Ready for the most exciting part? I got nominated at the end of my interview! My recruiter nominated me to leave in March 2011 to do Health Extension (primarily HIV/AIDS education and outreach)! I'm sooooo excited. It is a short time away, though, so I'm nervous about preparing for my impending departure. She couldn't say where I would be going since there are a lot of country departures in March, and they are trying to fill open spaces.

The next step is to wait for my official nomination letter in the mail, then my medical packet. I have to do a doctor's visit, get some blood work done, then get a check-up and x-rays at the dentist. After I send that stuff back, she will forward my information to D.C. From there, I wait for an invitation.

I'm really excited that this process is going so fast, and I'm excited to find out where I will be going!!!! I will keep everyone posted about the medical screening process, and promise to announce where I will be going as soon as I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment